Do you want to know Sterling bank USSD code? Interestingly, in this topic, we shall be looking at how to transfer funds, recharge airtime, and pay bills using the Sterling bank USSD transfer code. Surprisingly, the code is *822#.
In recent times, the sterling bank introduced the USSD transfer code. This is to make transactions easy and convenient right from our mobile phones. However, the internet is not needed or required and it works on all varieties of phones including the widely Nigerian-known Nokia torch and others.
- Transfer money from sterling bank to sterling bank (Intrabank money transfer)
- Transfer money from sterling bank to sterling bank (Interbank money transfer)
How to activate Sterling bank USSD transfer code
Furthermore, in order to activate your Sterling bank USSD code, please follow the instructions below;
1, dial *822# on your phone number registered with the sterling bank.
2, Next, follow the on-screen guidance to complete the transaction code.
3, Note that you have to add the bank account you want to link.
4, Set up your 4 PIN for the activation.
5, Finally, Complete the transaction.
Sterling bank USSD transfer code
However, having activated your USSD transfer code, let’s proceed to share information on how to transfer with the code.
- First, dial *822*5*Amount*account number# from the phone number already linked to your sterling bank account.
- OR, dial *822#, select 5 (transfer to another bank)
- Enter account number
- Enter the amount to transfer
- Now, select the name of the bank
- Preview your details
- Enter the sterling bank USSD PIN and send.
- Transfer to another sterling bank account; dial *822*4*amount*account number#
- Sterling bank account balance; dial *822*6# and follow the instructions
For Sterling bank USSD airtime recharge
- Sterling bank airtime recharge, self top-up. dial *822*Amount# from your phone number already registered with your sterling bank account.
- Airtime recharge for others. dial *822*Amount*phone number# E.G,*822*200*09123456789#
Read also, how to deactivate Sterling bank USSD code
Benefits of USSD transfer code
- First, you can open an account anywhere.
- The USSD transfer code does not require the filling of forms
- No minimum opening balance is required to open a new account via USSD.
- You have unlimited access to your account at any time.
- There is no dependency on the internet or third party.
- The USSD transfer service is available 24 hours a day
- Finally, it saves you the stress of queuing up in the bank.
About Sterling bank
Consequently, Sterling bank operates a network of over 141 branches and cash centers throughout the country as of 2021. The bank was licensed as Nigeria”s first merchant bank. Presently, the headquarter is at Sterling towers,20 marina Lagos Nigeria However, it merged with the Trust Bank of Africa, NBM Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, and Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank and changed its name to Sterling Bank Plc. Also, in 2011, the company acquired Equitorial Trust Bank (ETB).
we hope that this article has been able to explain some things you wish to know about this USSD transfer service as well as clarify any doubts you may have about mobile banking. The transfer code is *822#. However, go global by activating the USSD transfer code because it has lots and lots of benefits, especially in our day-to-day financial transactions.
For observations and inquiries, please make your comment in the section below