In this series, we shall be looking at how to transfer funds, recharge airtime, and pay bills using the Wema bank USSD transfer code. However, the code is *945#
In recent times, Wema bank introduced the USSD transfer code in order to make transactions easy and convenient right on your mobile device. However, the internet is not required or needed to perform transactions. Additionally, the USSD transfer service works on all varieties of phones which include the Nigerian-known ‘Kpalasa’ phones and others.
Therefore, in order to make transactions, you need to activate your transfer USSD code.
NOTE. USSD means Unstructured Supplementary Service.
How to activate Wema bank USSD transfer code
Specifically, you can not make transactions without activating your code. For this reason, you need to register and generate a pin. Kindly follow the instructions below.
- Dial *945*5#
- Follow the instructions as it appears on the screen.
- You have to key in your required details such as Account number, date of birth, and new pin, and confirm the new PIN
- Now, after the pin has been created, you are free to perform your USD banking transaction
Wema bank USSD transfer code
Below are a few Wema bank USSD transfer services and their codes.
Transactions USSD Code
- transfer money *945*Account number*Amount#
- Change PIN *945*00#
- Send money to phone *945*6*Amount#
- Get your account number *945*000#
- Buy Airtime *945*phone number*amount#
- Balance inquiry *945*0#
- Account reactivation *945*5#
- Change account number *945*old account number*new account number #
- Quick loan *945*65#
- Account restriction *945*911#
- Open account *945*1#
Benefits of USSD transfer service
Furthermore, the benefits of the USSD transfer service can never be over-emphasized.so, below are those benefits.
- The USSD service is open for Mtn, Glo, 9mobile, and Airtel subscribers.
- The service is available 24 hours a day, which means even being available at really odd hours
- You can open an account from anywhere.
- The USSD transaction saves you the stress of queuing up in the bank.
- The service does not require filling out forms.
- lastly, it is fast, convenient, and reliable.
Can I transfer from my dollar account to my naira account?
However, the answer is NO. You cannot transfer funds from a dollar to a naira account or vice versa. This is because both accounts are in different currencies. Nevertheless, you can convert funds in your dollar account to naira and have them paid into your naira account at the official exchange rate by visiting any Wema bank branch nationwide.
we hope that this article has been able to explain some things you wish to know about this USSD transfer. However, feel free to ask more questions that may be giving you concerns so as to have feedback.
Read also. how to detect fake bank alerts in Wema bank
Read also, Wema bank customer care phone numbers
For inquiries and observations, kindly comment in the inbox below