Do you want to know how to block your Keystone bank ATM card? Have you lost your debit card? Never worry because all the details you need are right here.
This article will show you the code to block your Keystone bank ATM card in Nigeria right on your mobile phone without visiting the branch. So many people in Nigeria have become a victim of theft, tensions due to an uneasy environment, and criminal activities. However, Criminal elements as well as yahoo fraudsters target ATMs and USSD transfer PIN. This is to hack and manipulate people’s accounts to enrich themselves.
Read also: how to resolve debit issues in Unity bank
These issues are contemporary hence, account holders must be careful and smart. So, the good news is that you can actually block that very ATM and secure your account. This is less than 20 seconds if you act fast.
How to block your Keystone Bank ATM card
There are available alternative ways of blocking your ATM card. Below are the ways to do so, This is for those who lost their bank Debit Card
Transfer your funds to another account
This is one of the best steps to safeguard your account. You can immediately move your funds to another account even in another bank. This is done by simply using the Keystone bank USSD code which is *7111# and following the instructions.
Block your debit card with SMS
Make sure you block your card using a USSD code with your Keystone bank alert number. This is the number linked to the customer’s account number
- Press Send
- Thereafter, you will receive a notification that your ATM or debit card has been blocked.
Use Keystone bank email
Email: [email protected]
Read also: How to detect fake bank alerts in Unity bank
Keystone bank customer Care line
Can I later unblock my account?
The answer is YES. You can do this by visiting any Keystone bank branch. Make sure you meet or consult a customer care agent with the correct account details. However, the bank will activate your account within 24 hours.
Blocking your ATM is not going to cause complications or harm to your account. However, it is a way of enhancing or securing your account from unauthorized debit and manipulations. However, if your account details fall into the hands of scammers, there is a need to quickly act fast.
Can I apply for a new ATM card?
After blocking your ATM card, make sure you report later to your nearest bank branch. Therefore, there is a need to apply for a new ATM card and carry out easy and convenient banking transactions.
- Please ensure you unlink or disconnect your lost ATM card from all your banking systems. You can contact customer care for assistance.
- The cost of an ATM card is less than N2000 in Nigeria. Therefore, it is not expensive.
- Avoid patronizing numerous POS machines or agents. This is to minimize exposure to your debit card. Try to maintain a few trusted ATM points.
- Avoid moving unnecessary movement with your debit card. You must not always go to the marketplaces, clubs, schools, hospitals, etc with your debit card. However, ensure you study your organize yourself.
I hope you know what to do when you lose your ATM card. Make sure you act very fast to avoid other stories that touch the heart.
In case you have a comment, inquiry, or observations, please make your comment below