Because of globalization and its impact on the banking sector, The United Bank for Africa has made transactions more accessible and has improved its effectiveness in the banking sector.
However, the introduction of Unstructured supplementary service data known as USSD has made banking activities easier for Nigerians. You can use this code to pay bills, transfer airtime, open a UBA account and buy data, etc. But before you can use the USSD code, You must activate it by following the instructions below.
How to activate or register
Use your UBA bank registered line which is your alert line to register
- Dial *919# to see the Main Menu
- Click on ‘1’ to sign-up for the UBA bank USSD
- Select account with PIN (if you are not a UBA prepaid subscriber)
- Enter your correct account number
- Create a secret 4-digit PIN. You will need the last 4 numbers on your ATM card or BVN
- Confirm the PIN
- You have successfully registered your USSD code
- With this code, you now know to activate your UBA bank USSD code
NOTE, your PIN must be confidential
Read also, how to block your Access bank ATM card
Benefits of USSD transfer code
There are numerous benefits of recharging airtime and paying bills using the USSD code. Here are the benefits listed below.
- It is easier, confidential, and secure.
- The internet is not needed to perform any transaction.
- It works on the least and cheapest phone, the Nokia torch.
- It works on Android, Windows, Blackberry, ios, Symbian, and java phones.
- It works on Mtn, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile networks.
- It saves you the stress of queuing up in the bank.
Read also, how to detect fake bank alerts in UBA bank
- Importantly make sure you use the alert line. This is the registered line on the UBA bank account.
- A mobile phone is needed to perform transactions.
- There must be network coverage to enhance connectivity.
- However, be careful when typing the figures using your phone. This is because you can hardly reverse any mistake made in the course of transferring funds or buying airtime. Therefore, every transaction made is permanent.
- Do not disclose your PIN or ATM card to anyone. Fraudsters debit people’s funds without their notice.
For inquiries and observations, Kindly comment in the section below