Do you want to know Ecobank USSD transfer code? Never worry because i will unveil to you how you can transfer funds, recharge airtime, and pay bills using the Ecobank USSD transfer code.
However, in recent times, Ecobank introduced the transfer code in order to make transactions using codes on their mobile devices like phones. The code is *326# and with this code, you can transfer, load airtime, check your balance and pay bills. Furthermore, before any USSD transaction is made on your mobile devices, you need to activate or register your transfer code.
How to register for USSD code
Notably, here are the steps to register your Ecobank transfer code
- First, dial *326# from your mobile phone number that is registered and linked to your Ecobank account.
- Choose the debit card linked to your account.
- Enter the required details and proceed.
- You will verify your account ownership by entering some details.
- You will be asked to create a secret pin (choose a pin you can easily remember)
- Lastly, Submit and wait for a confirmation message from Ecobank.
How to transfer funds using Ecobank USSD code
Here is a look at the steps needed to transfer money from your account to another account using the USSD code.
- First, dial *326# from your registered number on your mobile device.
- Select transfer funds from the list of options.
- Input the recipient’s bank account number.
- Confirm the name and proceed.
- Press next and input the transaction password.
- Input the pin and click send. (pin you created when signing up)
- Your transfer is done.
How to buy airtime using Ecobank transfer USSD code
To recharge your phone or another phone
- For self Top-up dial *326*amount#.
- For example, *326*200#. You will be credited with N200 airtime.
- To recharge for others, Dial *326*Amount*Phone number#
Read also, how to detect fake bank alerts in Ecobank
However, Ecobank is the Pan African bank with operations in 36 countries across the continent. It has a larger African footprint than any other bank in the world. Ecobank’s head office is at Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos.
Ecobank country codes
Nigeria, Dial *236#. Kenya, Dial *335#. Tanzania, Dial *15018#, Uganda, Dial *235#
Ecobank USSD Service cost
The service USSD cost is N20.00 while other money transfers to other banks cost N52.00. Therefore, other services are free of charge.
Ecobank USSD daily Transfer limit.
The transfer daily USSD daily limit for Ecobank is N50,000 while the transfer limit for Ecobank ATM is N500,000.
Can I Initiate a Transfer From My Naira Account To my Dollar Account Or dollar To My Naira Account?
The answer is simply NO. you cannot transfer funds from a dollar to a naira account or vice versa because both accounts are different currencies. However, you can convert funds in your dollar to a naira account and have this paid into your naira account at the official exchange rate by visiting any Ecobank branch nationwide.
Benefits of USSD banking
- Indeed, you can open an account from anywhere and anytime.
- The USSD transfer code does not require filling out forms.
- No minimum balance is required to open a new account via USSD
- There is no dependency on the internet or third party.
- It is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Lastly, it saves you the stress of queuing up in the bank
In summary, I hope that this article has been able to explain some things you wish to know about this Ecobank USSD transfer service as well as clarified issues and doubts that you may have about transfers.
For observations and inquiries, Please use the comment section below