Do you want to know how to recharge airtime from Wema bank account using the USSD code? Do you need a code to buy airtime from your phone? Never worry because you will get all the details right here.
Because of globalization and its impact on the banking sector, Wema bank has made transactions easier and has improved its effectiveness in the banking sector. You can now recharge airtime, pay bills, transfer funds, and many more from your phone.
However, the introduction of Unstructured supplementary service data known as USSD has made banking activities easier for Nigerians. But before you can use the USSD code, make sure you activate it by following the instructions below.
Use your Wema bank registered line which is your alert line to activate your USSD code
How to recharge airtime from your Wema bank account using the USSD code
To buy airtime for yourself, simply follow the instructions below.
- Dial *945*amount# on your phone. e.g, *945*200# and send.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- A message will be sent that you have successfully purchased N200 airtime.
However, for you to recharge for family and friends (third party)
- Simply dial *945#
- Enter the correct phone number of the beneficiary.
- Key in the amount you wish to send
- Review or crosscheck the details, and make correction if there is any.
- Press send and wait for a success message.
- E.g, *945*08032145789*500# and press send
Read also, how to activate Wema bank USSD transfer code
Read also, how to block your Access bank ATM card
Benefits of USSD code
There are numerous benefits of buying or recharging airtime using the USSD code. Here are the benefits listed below.
- It is easier, confidential, and secure.
- The internet is not needed to perform any transaction.
- It works on the least and cheapest phones popularly known as the Nokia torch.
- It works on Android, Windows, Blackberry, ios, Symbian, and java phones.
- It works on Mtn, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile networks.
- It saves you the stress of queuing up in the bank.
Read also, how to detect fake bank alerts in Wema bank
Read also, how to resolve debit issues in UBA bank
- Importantly make sure you use the alert line. This is the registered line on the Wema bank account.
- A mobile phone is needed to perform transactions.
- There must be network coverage to enhance connectivity.
- However, be careful when typing the figures. this is because you can not reverse any mistake made in the course of transferring funds or buying airtime. Therefore, every transaction made is permanent.
- Do not disclose your PIN or ATM card to anyone. Fraudsters debit people’s funds without their notice.
In summary of how to recharge airtime from Wema bank account using the USSD code,
The code is *945# However, make sure that you use your alert line to recharge airtime from your bank. Another number may not work
For inquiries and observations, please make your comments in the section below