In this, we shall look at how to detect fake bank alerts in Wema bank. Are you afraid of fraudsters in Nigeria? Never worry because you will get the details here. We shall equally examine the effect it has on the general public.
Fraud has become a daily routine for some groups of people who see it as a source of income. Most times, Nigerian newspapers seem incomplete without a report on fraud in public or private ventures. They blame unemployment as the major reason for engagement.
Read also, How to detect fake bank alerts in GTB bank
Read also, Wema bank USSD transfer code
As a matter of fact, nothing hurts the average Nigerian more than losing money to fraud. It hits in a different way when they lose money through fraud.
Fraudsters are people who play on people’s intelligence thereby stealing from their resources. This has been in existence for ages but has increased since the advent of the cashless policy. The cashless policy came into existence in the year 2012 by the Central Bank of Nigeria to curb excesses in the way we handle cash.
What information do these fraudsters need to send a fake alert?
Below are a few pieces of information that fraudsters need to send fake bank alerts.
1 Your phone number.
2 Your account details.
3 Your location.
Read also, How to block your Access bank ATM card
Read also. how to resolve debit issues in Wema bank
What you do not need to disclose to them.
However, be careful with the people you disclose your personal account details to. This is because ATM debit cards and their PIN is an avenue to debit your account instantly. Even wema bank representatives hardly demand your ATM, as well as other confidential details to help you resolve any issue in the bank. So, be careful with the way you respond to calls.
Despite that, look at the few details you should not reveal anyhow.
- Your transaction details; who and how much is in your bank account.
- when next you are expecting cash.
- Your ATM debit card PIN, serial number, etc
- Never store your banking details on your phone. It is better you memorize them.
How do you detect fake bank alerts?
Importantly, fake bank alerts could happen to anyone. So, here are a few things to look out for.
- First, check out the channel or authenticity of the mobile App used. Some of the mobile Apps used in fraud are not official and you can not find them in google play stores.
- Check out for spelling. Most spellings may be wrong
- Quickly recheck your bank account using your USSD code.
- Remember your last account balance using your USSD code to verify if it corresponds with the new credit alert.
- They will ask for your account number and phone number. Remember that no one needs your phone number to send you money.
- Check the email source. The fake bank alert comes with another email address at the end of the notification.
Summary of how to detect fake bank alerts
We hope that this topic has opened your eyes to detecting fake bank alerts. make sure you are not in a hurry to overlook whatsoever that comes to you as a bank alert. So, every alert that comes in the name of Wema bank must be examined properly.
For inquiries and observations, kindly inbox in the section below